The Deejay Sampoorna hybrid is the result of more than 25 years of research. It’s a general purpose hybrid coconut seedling. It yields very early, flowering in 2 years, conservatively producing 250 mature nuts per palm per year (some farmers report far higher numbers). When tender nuts are harvested at 6.5 to 7 months of age, yields can increase by 30% and yields exceeding 400 nuts per palm are commonly reported to us. The yield increase is also due to a dramatic reduction of load on the tree of producing kernel and oil, resulting in more nuts per bunch being set. The Deejay Sampoorna™ is the mainstay for the farmer throughout our markets. Nicking and synergistic combining of the genes of both parents results in a symbiosis of superior performance over both mother and father palms. Constant research and selection along with the CIP [continuous improvement program] in each farm has helped the yields steadily creep upwards, year on year.
- Ideal general purpose hybrid
- Early yielder – first flowering within 24 months after planting
- Large number of nuts – 250 nuts per palm per annum
- 400 and more tender nuts per annum reported by several customers
- The tender coconut harvested at 7 months has 500 ml plus of sweeter Tender Coconut Water.
- Good kernel and copra content – approximately 210 grams per nut. [21 kgs per 100 nuts]
- Approximately 3,675 kgs of copra per acre per annum
- Approximately 2500 kgs of coconut oil per acre
Note: Above results are being achieved under reasonably good management conditions, and collated from results of hundreds of customers.