The Deejay Sampoorna hybrid is the result of more than 25 years of research. It is a general purpose hybrid. It yields very early, flowering in two years, conservatively producing 250 mature nuts per palm per year (some farmers report far higher numbers). When tender nuts are harvested at 6.5 to 7 months of age, yields can increase by 30% and yields exceeding 400 nuts per palm are commonly reported to us. The yield increase is also due to a dramatic reduction of load on the tree of producing kernel and oil, resulting in more nuts per bunch being set. The Sampoorna is the mainstay for the farmer throughout our markets. Nicking and synergistic combining of the genes of both parents results in a symbiosis of superior performance over both mother and father palms. Constant research and selection along with the CIP [continuous improvement program] in each farm has helped the yields steadily creep upwards, year on year.
- Ideal general purpose hybrid
- Early yielder – first flowering within 24 months after planting
- Large number of nuts – 250 nuts per annum per palm
- 400 and more tender nuts per annum reported by several customers
- The tender coconut harvested at 7 months has 500 ml plus of sweeter Tender Coconut Water.
- Good kernel and copra content – approximately 210 grams per nut. [21 kgs per 100 nuts]
- Approximately 3,675 kgs of copra per annum per acre
- Approximately 2500 kgs of coconut oil per acre
Note: Above results are being achieved under reasonably good management conditions, and collated from results of hundreds of customers.