Oil pulling or oil swishing is practiced for many years. This is a process of swishing oil in your mouth for 5-20 minutes. Continuing this process will result in good oral health, and help prevent cavities and protect the gums from tarter, plaque, and gum disease.
How to do Oil Pulling or Oil Swishing?
- Brush your teeth.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of Coconut oil into the mouth.
- Swish the oil in the mouth for 5-20 minutes, for the best result move it in the mouth as much as possible.
- The oil will get thicker and milky as it mixed with saliva during this time and it should be creamy-white when spitting out.
- Spit out the oil into the trash bin (do not spit into wash sink, also do not swallow it)
- Rinse the mouth well with warm water.
The basic idea is that oil is swished in the mouth for a short time each day and that, this action helps improve oral health.