Oil pulling or oil swishing is practiced for many years. This is a process of swishing Oil in your mouth for 5-20 minutes. Continuing this process will result in you a good oral health, and help prevent cavities and protect the gums from tarter, plaque and gum disease.
Deejays extra virgin coconut oil made from the fresh coconut is a very good choice for the Oil pulling process.
How to do Oil pulling or oil swishing?
- Brush your teeth.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of Coconut oil into the mouth.
- Swish the oil in the mouth for 5-20 minutes, for the best result move it in the mouth as much as possible.
- The oil will get thicker and milky as it mixed with saliva during this time and it should be creamy-white when spitting out.
- Spit out the oil into the trash bin (do not spit into wash sink, also do not swallow it)
- Rinse the mouth well with warm water.
The basic idea is that oil is swished in the mouth for a short time each day and that, this action helps improve oral health.