Management of Leaf Blight or Grey Leaf Spot
Minute yellow spots encircled by grayish bands appear on the surface of mature leaves of the outer whorl. Later they become grayish white. These spots coalesce into irregular necrotic patches. Complete drying and shriveling of the leaf blade are common when the infection is severe.
- Removal of the older 2-3 disease affected leaves and spraying the foliage with 1% Bordeaux mixture will check the spread of the disease and for younger plants, 352N: 330 P: 690K is recommended.
- Depending upon the soil PH, suitable soil conditioners are advised to be applied.
- Acid soil- Eps Rite / Lime @ 1 kg /Tree/Application
- Alkaline soil — Sat Rite / Gypsum @ 1 kg / Tree/Application
- Saline — Sodic soil — Charcoal @ 500 gm
- Completely composed organic FYM 20 kg /Tree/Application
- If Sat Rite or Eps Rite is used, two applications of calcium Nitrate can be reduced.